Saturday 22 November 2014

STORY OF MY LIFE (1)

From time immemorial, I have always had a weak way of looking strong. People took me for granted, friends enjoyed superiority when I am around them, father called me jelly fish, siblings gossiped about my weakness, I had no interest in anything my male folks do. I hated football to the last letter. in fact, I abhorred everything that males do. One day in secondary school, I think it was Jss3, all hell was loosed against me that day. I received all types of insults from people that I felt I was stronger than. I knew actually that I have stomached 4 coolers of insults, Inside of me was vibrating like a nokia 3310, my heart was boiling in anger like the hot water mother uses in making pap for us. I was searching for who will be a happy victim of my thunderous slap. I wasn't greedy. I just wanted one person only.The boy whose locker was close to mine suggested to the class that they check if I had a third leg at all. Ikenna a tall dark boy who ugliness embraced and swore to let go came to touch me with his hand that was as rough as sandpaper, he equally came with his body odour that pigs jealous. I stood up abruptly and forgot my fist on his mouth, before he could gain balance, I gave him a teeth re-shuffling slap that sounded like a banger. Tranquility drowned the class with other boys looking at ikenna exactly the way the philistines were looking at goliath the day David killed him in a duel. My shoulders went too high that i feared being a hunch back victim. People who gave me insults of my life defected like Peter Obi and became my fan within spit seconds. Before I could make another move, I woke up from sleep!!! DAMN! It was a dream. Does it mean that I am actually weak? *strolls away.

Mr. Banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment